Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy March (almost)

Dear Everyone,

YAHOO!!! Another week has past and more miracles. You know, I fully believe that God is a God of miracles. We had two baptisms this past weekend and they were both miracles. This area right now is so full of miracles that I don’t have time to enjoy all of them. We had a baptism Friday night and that was a great one. My companion did the baptism of Erika. She is a 9 year old girl that kinda yelled at us when we had to move her baptism to another day a couple weeks ago. She finally got baptized and confirmed. She is such a happy girl right now. And also her family is very happy that she got baptized.



And also, a 10 year old girl that wanted to get baptized also got baptized this past weekend also. She didn’t have the permission of her mom for the longest time. But being persistent, we got the permission and her mom will be baptized on the 19th of March. MIRACLES!!!





I have been reading the Book of Mormon every day this week and I have found a lot of things different. They say that every time you read the Book of Mormon, you learn something new and I have found that to be true. I have been reading at the end of Mosiah and beginning of Alma and that part of the Book of Mormon really applies to missionary work. How Alma and the sons of Mosiah have the desire to preach and all their experiences. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. We are now planning to have three more baptisms this next weekend with more closely following. We are working a lot. I had to do my first interviews this past week also. It was really cool. It was a great learning experience for me and a great feeling to participate in a different role in baptizing people. I had to do like four interviews and it was awesome. I am so happy for the experiences that I am receiving. I am having a lot of fun and getting to meet new elders is also fun. I love the mission.





Elder Pickett's District

Congrats Marcos on getting your Eagle. You will be grateful that you received it later in your life. I think though that Mom and Dad are happier than you are. Jaja. Sorry if I don’t have much to say because to me nothing happens. I’ll try to take more fotos to tell my stories better. I am not a good story teller. But thanks everyone for writing me and send me questions so I can talk a bit more. But so many that I can’t answer all of them. I love you. Have a great week and Happy March!!

Love

Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights