Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 7, 2011

:) Kinda Short

Dear Everyone,

COOL! Another week has gone by and more things have happened. First of all, we had two baptisms!! Yahoo!! It was a great day Saturday and a lot more people showed up for this baptism than the last ones. Jessica and Lismariela were the two that got baptized. I got to baptize them both and it was a great privilege. This past week was a pretty chill week. Well, it wasn’t that chill because we had to plan a baptism and that never is chill.


Jessica and Lismariela's baptism

We have been trying to pass by other people and teaching them also. We have been really busy with work. I am so tired but it is all so worth it. There won’t be any other time in the world to walk around and just talk to people about the gospel.


With companions

Lately we have been trying to visit a lot of the inactive families and people on the list. It is amazing how many people are on the list and how many have gone inactive. And it is sad when the active members sometimes forget about these people. I think it would be best if we could all find at least one inactive member and try to help them come back to church. And if we could all do our visits as home teachers or visiting teachers. That program is to strengthen members and to always be there for them when they need us. I feel like I have been home teaching for the past 16 months… jaja just kidding but we do have to do a lot of visits to less active people.


With a young member of the ward

My companion and I have also been doing something that we think will help this ward in the future. We are going on divisions with the priests in the ward. There are only three priests and we are taking turns everyday to do splits with them for 3 or 4 hours. Everyday these kids are willing to go walk with us and it has been really cool to see. We are training future missionaries!!! Jaja. Other than that things are going pretty well. Being district leader is still a work in progress but I think I am improving. I have a pair of sisters in my district and they are passing through a hard time. It has been hard to tell them what they needed to hear. That has been a great challenge for me. I know all this is going to help me in the future.


Yes, Allen does do laundry!

It’s been weird to think that I have been out for so long yet it’s not so long at all. I have short time left and I am sad for that. I love the people here. But thank heavens that my family is one half full of Argentines. The other side I can’t say much for but I’m sure they love Argentines also…. Jajaja. Thank you for all the support you all have shown to me and other family missionaries. It does get hard out here sometimes and it’s nice to read a letter or two from home. I love you all and have a great week.

Love,

Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights