Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day

Dear Everyone,

Another week and a wet one at that. We had a lot of rain this past week so we had a lot of mud. Oh it was a lot of fun. Walking through rivers again was just a blast. I am thinking about buying a swimsuit. What do you think? Jaja.

So here I am again, about to complete 17 months in the mission (HOLY COW!!) and we are doing pretty well. We are seeing a lot of miracles. We have 3 baptisms for this weekend. One on Friday and the other 2 on Saturday. We are really excited because all these people (kids) decided on their own to get baptized. We have three more three more baptismal dates for the following Saturday so we are working really hard for our baptisms. One baptism is the niece of a member who has been wanting to get baptized for a long time. Like for 3 or 4 months but her mom wouldn’t let her. Her mom is the sister of the member. But she finally gave us permission after being really over bearing and persistent. She then said after she gave permission, “I want to get baptized too. When do I start?” We were so excited! The father of her children has been living in her house on the weekends and has been abusing her. It’s a sad story and she also smokes so it makes things a little more crazy. But she told us that she wants to change her life. She knows she’s not happy and wants to make things better. I love seeing these kinds of changes in people. It makes me feel like I am doing my job here in Argentina. It does feel really nice to get a thank you or a pat on the back for all the hard you do. I now know that I should have probably said thanks more to Mom for all she did for me.

We are so busy here and it scares me. We have so many investigators that I can even put my head on straight. Every week we are trying to 20-25 people at church. Yesterday we went running to look for people. I was so tired. And on top of that, I have a really bad head cold that just won’t go away. My comp won’t let me rest because we are always running to appointments. I am just ready to hit the hay right now. I feel like Dad when his allergies are bad. My eyes are always watering and my nose always running. UGH!

We have family night tonight with one of our baptisms for this week and her mother. (the mother previously mentioned). Everyone has been telling me that my eyes are just bright red and I feel like they are. Jaja.

We are entering the last week of the transfer and we are close to breaking a mission record of baptisms. We have a goal of 200 baptisms because our last record was one year ago and that was 195. They say we are close but they are still telling us to baptize everyone we can. We are really excited to see if we can break the record. We are doing our part. We are doing 5 baptisms for the transfer. And we have a lot more lined up for the next transfer so hopefully I don’t get a surprise transfer. Jaja.

Well I have nothing more to say. I’ll be sending pictures next week because we are in kind of a rush. Love you all and remember to do what’s right because it’s worth it in the end.

Love

Elder Pickett

AND...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE WOFIE!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights