Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 14, 2011

13 Marzo 2011

Dear Everyone,

Well, another week. This week got a bit colder. We were dying of heat and sweat on Wednesday and Thursday but then Friday it became really windy and Saturday it rained. It then turned really really cold. Ok, ok not that cold but definitely colder than it was the past couple weeks. So what happens when the first wave hits of cold air? That’s right. I get sick! I have a sore throat that doesn’t seem to want to go away. Just wonderful when you are on the mission. Getting sick on the mission is great…. Not.

But obviously it’s not the end of the world. We were able to baptize 2 more people. Well, three if you want to count the one that is a ward baptism that we taught. We almost completed a family with the kids getting baptized. I will attach the story that goes along with these baptisms. We are happy that they all got baptized and they all love to go to church with their grandma so it works out to keep them active. Also, our baptisms from last week came this past Sunday. It was really great to see everyone still coming to church. It was just really great to see everyone still trying to get better.


Historia de Exito - published in the mission newsletter

The older I get in the mission and in age, the more I am seeing that it is so important to go to church. We only go to take the sacrament. Ok that’s not true but it is the main reason why we go.

This past week while reading in the book of Mormon, I found my favorite scripture for the mission. It is Alma 29:9. I have really tried to apply this scripture to me and my mission. Well, actually the whole chapter I’m trying to apply to my mission. For some missionaries it takes some time to find their groove or to actually get it. I feel like I finally get it and it makes me happy. The inexpressible joy that I feel, to know that I am out here serving the Lord and helping others is amazing. The helping people part is what I like the most. Baptizing these kids made me so happy because I could see the joy on the face of the grandmother who had been inactive for 20 years and is now going again. She told us that she will never leave the church again. The oldest of the boys that got baptized told us that he wants to go on a mission and he is 11 years old now. Just some wonderful things that make me happy. The indescribable feelings that we get for doing the work of the Lord. The scripture that talks about how great will be our joy if we bring one soul to God and if we bring many… wow. I am experiencing that joy more and more while I am here in Argentina.

Serve in the wards where you are at. Fulfill your callings and do your duties. Do your home and visiting teaching. Please. Everyone needs to come back to church. Sometimes we are lazy or something always comes up that we can’t do our visits but some people need your help.

Thank you for your support always and keep strong. Although we may pass through some tough times, remember that our Heavenly Father is always there for us. I love you all and until next week…

Love

Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights