Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yup, that's cool...

Dear Everyone,

Week 1 being district leader, AHHH!! Wow, there is so much to do and worry about. But of course I am loving every minute of it. It’s tough but so worth it. This past week was interesting because of how busy we were. Tuesday was a normal day. Wednesday rained like no one’s busy again. No, I haven’t bought rain boots yet. But it’s ok because I don’t think it will rain for awhile. Thursday we had to go to the church offices in Capital. We spent all afternoon there for a doctor appointment for my comp. Then Friday was the leadership meeting that went all day long. We got back late to our area. Then Saturday and Sunday we tried to make up for what we lost. We went on divisions with members and they helped us a lot. Sunday we had three investigators show up. We have 3 baptismal dates for the 5th and 11th of February.

It’s a little bit harder to work as district leader and do work in your area. I thought it was going to be a little easy but OK. So we have a newbie in the pench. He is from Peru and is really quiet. Doesn’t say anything or laugh…. Nothing. It’s really weird. I tried talking to him and he doesn’t say much. Oh well, I’ll try to keep being nice. So like I said, we have 3 baptismal dates. They are pretty much chill. One of the girls is 9 years old and already knows everything. She was just waiting for us to show up. How funny! We just reviewed the first lesson with her and she was telling us what happened. Pretty much the coolest thing ever. All her family is members and she just turned 9 so she is under our control now. This next week is going to be another busy week because we have zone conference tomorrow and then Wednesday my comp has another doctor’s appointment. Thursday is a shorter day I think and hope that that is it. I might have to do a baptismal interview Friday also. Wow, a lot to do. Yesterday we had the most people in church I have seen in Villegas. We had 123 people in church. That is a whole lot of people compared to the other ward that shares our building with us. They had 43 people. Big difference.

My comp is a pretty cool kid. Kinda quiet at the beginning but now he talks a little more. He is a pretty big guy from Magna who went to Cyprus High. Played football and wrestled. He is 21 years old and has 9 months on the mission. I’ve had to get used to him little by little. Not a very social guy which is very hard for me because I am a social bug. I love talking to people. Especially people in Villegas. I love Villegas with all my heart. There are some of the best members I have ever met here in Argentina. Seriously they love the church here. There is just too many good things I can say about this place. I just really love it. Well I ran out of things to say. Enjoy your week!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! GRANDPA PICKETT, LELANI, AND ALY!!!!!

Love
Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights