Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 17, 2011

HAPPY MLK DAY

Dear Everyone,

I know everyone is just so concerned about the transfer meeting and who my new companion is, so, I’ll tell you who it is. My new companion is Elder Hamilton from Magna, Utah. He has I think he said 9 months so another young gun. He is kind of shy and timid but that is ok. We will work on that. And another thing… I’m District Leader now… Yahoo..? jaja. Naw, just kidding. I am excited to serve in another way. Helping more people out is just what I like doing. I think I am going to enjoy my new assignment. I am the leader over two companionships. One of elders and the other of sisters. This is going to be really scary doing the baptismal interviews but I’m sure I’ll know what to do sooner or later. The Elders here say it’s really hard because one is always busy but maybe that will make focus more. This past week we have just been saying goodbye to all the members. It was kind of sad because I remember when I left my areas and it was sad. He cried a little and I cried with him because I knew of the pain he was feeling. Leaving an area is really difficult. Speaking of leaving areas, (sorry this is really random) my new comp is coming the area of Merlo 1…. AAHH!!!! I was so excited when I found that out. Here in the mission, when you receive a new companion, you have to go to his area to look for his stuff. So…. We went to MERLO!!!! I asked my new comp very nicely if we could stop by two houses. The Del Castillo Family and my next door neighbor converts. He said yes thank heavens and so we went. We clapped and the Del Castillo home and….. they weren’t home. They went on vacations Friday… NOOOO!!! I was so upset. So then we went to my converts house that is right next to the pench. They were home and so I was able to talk with them for 10 minutes before we had to hit the road to Villegas. It was a great experience. And now I am here after going to Walmart and McDonalds. So Sunday we had another huge rain storm that about drowned us also. Ja! These rain storms are going to kill me. A lot mud again and a lot of rivers. Yes there are boots here that I can use but these storms catch you by surprise. I never know when it is going to rain because it’s sunny and dry in the mornings and then all of a sudden at one or two in the afternoon, there are black clouds everywhere. Remember when I was afraid of storms? JA!! These would have scared the socks of me. It’s funny to look back at my life and realize how much I have changed.

So Marcos, Thank you so much for your talk that you sent me. Will you speak for my homecoming?? I really love that you could feel the spirit and know that it is the spirit. That makes me really proud to be your brother. I might use it for my workshops in District meeting… lol. Thank you so much Family for all the support that you show me and all the love you express. If there is one advice I could give you, my siblings, is: Listen to Mom and Dad. They know what is best for you. They love you and would never lead you astray. I have learned that throughout my life but I am realizing it now. Learn it now and don’t forget it.

I hope everyone has a great week. If everyone could read the talk by President Monson in the Relief Society session, we all need to learn a little more Charity. I love you all and I wish the best for you think week.



Con Amor

Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights