Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Beginning of the Best Year Ever!

Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone had a fabulous Happy New Year. I hope everyone put goals to improve their lives in one form or another. I am happy to tell you that I had a fantastic Happy New Year. We celebrated as a pench new years. It was fun to watch the fireworks right above our house. Like, literally the fireworks were on top of our house so it was really fun. Then we ate a members house Friday night to celebrate new years. I sent pictures of what we ate and of the family. It was a lot of fun.

(Feliz Año Nuevo!)


(Mmm, que rico!)


(Stuffed tomatoes)

Then Saturday, my companion and I …. Had a BAPTISM!!!! Yeah, that’s right, A BAPTISM!! I was so excited. We did that all Saturday morning. Then we celebrated with ice cream that was really delicious.

(Baptism)

(Yummy ice cream)

It was a good weekend. A great weekend. Sunday came and the kid who we wanted to baptize but the mom didn’t want him to, well, she said we are going to baptize him next SUNDAY! YAHOO!! Another baptism!! Then we have fechas with a family we are teaching. The mother and her two sons have fechas for the 23rd of this months. Then Susana is going to get baptized on the 30th of this month. So that is a possibility of 5 baptisms this transfer. We could be in the top twenty in the whole mission. There are like 200 missionaries so that’s like 100 companionships so that would be really good to reach top 20.

I am really excited for this next transfer. We are going to do marvelous things. Other than that, there really isn’t much to report. We are really excited because this area of Merlo 1 has not had this much success in about 8 months so I feel really good about this transfer. We are going to explotar los techos en Merlo 1!!!


(Oh boy...)

So our mission president told us today that we need to be more spiritual. He said we are breaking records, number wise. But how well are we doing in having the spirit and keeping converts in the capilla. And that’s when our district leader turned to us that live in the same house and he said that we are going to be better and I agree with him. We love to joke around and be unified but sometimes we don’t have the spirit with us. And so, this transfer, we are going to have the spirit more with us.


(That's more like it!)

There were a lot of changes in the mission because this next transfer, we have 17 missionaries that are going to die. That is nuts!! That is 8 ½ areas that won’t have missionaries. Unless there are that many new ones. I don’t know, but I hope that there are a lot of new ones so I can feel a bit older. I only have 4 months on the mission so I still feel like a kid.


(Rollin' with the girls)





So I appreciate all the letters that I have been getting from a lot of people. Thank you Tia Cui for the picture of the family. I am sending you a letter in the mail tomorrow. Same with Sara, Marcos, Sophia, Andi, Britney and Dari. If you would like a personalized letter from me, send me a hard core letter. If you have and I have forgotten you, I am sorry.


(Familia Duarte)

So I have been studying in the Book of Mormon in Alma. I just wanna say that Alma and I would be the bestest of friends. He knows how to use the Spirit and knows how to testify to the people. So does Amulek. Study chapters 11 to 14-ish. You will learn a lot of concepts from the plan of salvation to the atonement and much more. I love the Book of Mormon. Please read it. It will help you in your everyday life. Seek the spirit more in your lives. It will help you in every aspect of your life. I promise.

I love you all and I pray for you everyday. Look for opportunities to serve people. You never know who is watching. You may be the reason why someone takes interest in the church.

With lots of love,

Elder Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights