Allen's e-mail address

robert.pickett@myldsmail.net

Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Letter

Sept. 24, 2009

Dear Family,

Oh, how I miss you. Let me count the ways. Ha ha, well, I'm chilling here with my companion Elder Garcia... on my desk... writing a letter... to you. So I have a really busy schedule. Wake up, go to class, go to breakfast, go to class, go to the gym. go to lunch, go to class, go to dinner, go to class, planning session, review day with my companion and sleep, then repeat. It's crazy around here.

Just now as I'm writing this, me, Elder Garcia, Elder Encinas, and Elder Pirir were sitting here and we hear a ton of noise in the hall. We open the door and some other elders are jousting with pillows and crutches! What the heck! Oh well. I figured you would rather hear from me than have me jousting.

So I don't need "I told you so" when I say that doing this Spanish thing is hard. I understand it but speaking it is a whole new ball game, my friends. Like tonight I have to try and pray...IN SPANISH! oh boy.. So like I said, no "I told you so."

So we met the branch presidency today. His name is President Wiederhold. He's chill. Nothing much about him. Nothing much goes on around here. We just have gotten real close with everyone. Like my room (4m 409) is really close. We talk about everything and they help me with my Spanish.

Oh my, look at the time. It's 10:25 and I need to go to bed. I love you all.

Love,

Elder Robert Allen Pickett

P.S. Be safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Conference Highlights